1. Slowly read and reread the Scripture passage.
2. Once you have become familiar with the text, put the Bible aside, and begin to imagine the story.
3.Picture the setting:
Imagine the scenery, the landscape, the environment.
What do the buildings look like?
What kind of day is it?
What else is part of the setting: animals,plants,wagons,etc?
4. See the people:
Who are the characters?
What do they look like?
What has been happening to them in their lives?
What do they bring to the present experience?
5. Listen to the people:
Listen to the narrated dialogue.
Pay attention to their tone of voice.
Imagine the thoughts and exchanges of the recorded dialogue.
6. Consider what the people do:
See and consider what the characters are doing.
Observe their actions.
7. Be there with the Mystery.
8. Enter into conversational prayer with Christ or with others in the scene.
It might take the form of gratitude,praise,petition or sorrow.